Here’s a sampling of the attractions, activities, lodging & campgrounds that will make your Smoky Mountain vacation more memorable.
- Appletree Campground (Wayah Ranger District, United States Forest Service): Great Group Camping – (828)524-6441
- Big Nantahala Campground: Riverside Camping – (828)488-2367
- Turkey Creek Campground
- Nelson’s Nantahala Campground and Cabins
- KOA in Cherokee
- Lost Mine Campground
- Smoky Mountain Meadows
- Tsali – United States Forest Service
Arts and Crafts
Hiking, Biking and Horseback Riding
Rafting, Tubing, Fishing and Boating
- Jet boat rides on Fontana Lake
- Boating access and some rentals on Nantahala Lake and Fontana Lake.
- Whitewater rafting on the Nantahala River
- Deep Creek Tubing
- Fishing the Nantahala River, Fontana Lake and Cherokee Reservation – fishing regulations, locations, stocking schedules.